I have been feeling low and frustrated about the uncertainty of my travel plans due to conflicts in schedules and leave approvals from our offices. Its been all drama, whining, and tantrums lately and the desert heat is aggravating more of my blues with the lack of photography and short trips with all the humidity to the highest level. Everyday I go through Facebook, I wish I could also be posting soon regarding my next expedition -- just how my friends are flooding their excitement in their Europe trips this autumn ... when oh when oh when? I want a big trip but cant -- that has to be early 2012. A small trip during the eid - yes I can -- but my pockets with be ripped off with the prices of the eid holiday so I had to practically back off ... oh when oh when oh when?????
Since there are no definite schedule YET of the second half of my trip, I just busied myself acting out as my friends personal travel consultant having done the same trip for the last 2 years (Spain and Italy) that they would be doing this fall. I've been more than happy and have serviced them as their personal travel consultant for their Euro trip from their visa application documents, itineraries, plane and train know hows, where to and not to, hotels, tourist spots, saver tips, cost estimates etc etc. My colleague who went last June to Italy, Vienna, and Prague have based their routes on my advise and the best route I tipped them is to travel from by bus from Vienna to Prague by Student Agency bus at only 16 Euros with the green fields sceneries of Czech Republic in the 4 hour journey as a bonus --- pretty wicked huh! I was also able to reach out to an old classmate and advised him on Paris subject. Though I havent actually been in Paris, I could still consider myself equipped to give tips because my autumn trip last year was originally tailored to touch down there too but just cancelled at the last minute because of the nationwide strike in France that was happening that time. I got scared of being stuck at Garu du Nord train station where we should be boarding for our sleeper train to Prague ...
To end this with, I want to share with you this snapshot I took while on board before taking off the runway for Barcelona last year. MAKE IT HAPPEN. It reminded me ten years ago of how I swore to myself that someday I will be go and see the world. To that time that I took this snapshot I thanked God that I was living to travel to one of my biggest dreams .. to see Barcelona -- the Sagrada Familia of Anton Gaudi who would soon rise to life, where I can walk the same streets where San Chai and Dau Ming Szu walked in the Meteor Garden Series 2 -- this is it and finally happening!!! And if we made it happen before, we can make it happen again --- before the end of the year --- I just have to be patient nailing the details about it!!!P.S. Its not that there are no actual prospects of where my next destination will be ... there is ... its going to be in Turkey ... just exaggerated my blues away here hehehe ... its just a matter of when in the BER month it would be hihihihi =)
Standby for my travelblog about Barcelona up coming next!!!