![]() |
| Make It Happen |
It was around past 1 AM GMT+4 time fall of 2010 and we have boarded Lufthansa Airlines heading for Barcelona. We were filled with excitement to embark on this trip as it is a multi country trip ever for the first time. We were not flying direct hence going via Frankfurt but we didnt mind the few hours lay over. I love airport scenarios and I look forward for a few hours stop over as a breather - its part of my headstart before my big day - have some coffee while waiting and review the itinerary. I also take it as an opportunity to be educated by the experience and maybe an adventure should I get lost around it (it happened to me in Vienna Aug 2009).
I managed to take this snapshot before the plane hit off the runway in Dubai ... the caption at the tube reminded me of what this trip was all about -- Make it Happen - and yes I was making my dream happen =)
I always make it a point to get a window seat when I travel. Though inconvenient for my toilet trips during the plane ride, its all worth it as I always wanted to see the view outside. Since my flight departs early morning, I hoped to see what the sunrise looks like up in the air. This view really took my breath and was in awe with delight seeing the sun rising above the darkness of the clouds and the baby blue sky to top it all. Well of course, scientifically thats not how it works but visually thats how I captured it **sigh** I couldnt help but marvel God's greatness to have thought of creating something like this!
Several hours after, I got a shot of some snow capped mountains. I believe we were already in the French air space during that time as I remember the pilot announcing our entry in the French aerial territory. I wanted to think this could be the French alps either over Rhone-Alpes or Provence-Alpes-Cote d Azur Region. If you check out the map, these mountain ranges are sitauted at the southern France with a logical path to cross the mediterranean straight to the Catalan region where Barcelona lies. Whether my assumption is correct or not, we still could not deny that this was a very nice view from my window.
Barcelona at last - snapshot of the coastline. The pilot announced our approach and to prepare for landing. I have thought of taking this shot to document our entry. I saw some ships docked by the coast and some of them cruising the waters. I didnt stop peeping wondering if the Sagrada Familia would visible somewhere --- just hoping hihihihi =)The pilot announced the weather was great, roughly 12 degrees during that time and I was thrilled that I would be able to experience autumn in Europe. I wasn't scared of the cold and welcomed it and look forward to a hot coffee to warm me up partnered with my cigarettes.
All in all it was a very nice flight from Dubai to Frankfurt and to Barcelona and I give it to Lufthansa Airlines for a very warm and nice service from the crew.
OLA BARCELONA! The rose has arrived!
